Sunday 4th October 2020
SAWSTON COMMUNITY FUN RUN CHALLENGE EVENT
Register your on the day attendance here!
On The Day Arrangements
The Run will start at 10 am. Please arrive at Sawston Village College, if possible, on foot or cycle
between 9.00 am and 9.45am. Car parking facilities on the school playing field will be provided as
usual. Car parking will close at 9.45am and no more cars will be allowed on site.
• Spectators will not be allowed on site and there will be no on the day registration or refreshments or changing facilities provided for this event.
• Please be aware at all times of current government guidelines on social distancing and comply with all safety and hygiene arrangements that will be put in place, especially if you require to use the toilet facilities.
• As you enter the site you will be required to undergo a temperature check, which will be managed and operated by PPP First Aid professionals.
• In line with government advice we will record your presence at the event and time of arrival for COVID19 track and trace purposes via a QR code which can also be accessed in advance of attendance on the day itself on the Fun Run web site. Volunteer helpers will be required to pre-register their details for Covid-19 tracing via the QR Code.
• Any entrant/helper with a high temperature or who is identified as possibly having COVID-19 symptoms, or is from a household in quarantine will not be allowed on site. They will be asked to leave immediately and told to follow NHS and PHE guidance on self-isolation.
• All helpers coming into close contact with runners/walkers must wear protective face masks. Runners/walkers must also wear masks if unable to social distance, other than when running. Please bring your own masks.
• Toilet facilities, including those for special needs adults, will be provided in the Sports Centre building and it is very important that you comply with the entry and exit routes and that you use the sanitising equipment provided at the entry and exit points.
• The event will start promptly at 10am. Runners will form a 3 metre socially distanced file along the edge of the school playing field. Walkers will form a separate 3 metre socially distanced file nearby. A lead cyclist, riding on the road, will show the route to be followed.
• Runners will be set off at 10 second intervals at 10 am and run on the pavement. Runners will be released first for safety reasons. Walkers will follow on after the runners, also on the pavement.
• All entrants are reminded that this is a non-competitive event and that they will be expected to run/walk on the pavement as no road closure orders have been applied for. The event consequently will not be timed. Overtaking is allowed but a warning call prior to doing so is advised. Please avoid bunching.
• Marshals will be placed at important points around the short/long routes to direct you. The short route turning point for this event will be at the junction of Link Road and Sawston High Street, where marshals will be placed to direct you.
• There will be no water stations on route so please bring your own water. Bottled water will be provided at the finishing point. Please make sure that you dispose of any used water bottles in an appropriate container and do not leave any litter lying around the college site for others to clear up.
• If you wish to collect money from spectators on your way round the course, there will be an opportunity to assist Tony Collett, one of our local Rotarians, who has offered to do this in a safe and manageable way. Please let us know if you wish to assist.
• Medals and certificates and an energy bar placed in sealed plastic sleeves will be available for all runners/walkers taking part in this event to pick up at the end of the run.
• If for any reason the event has to be cancelled at the very last minute messages will be placed on the Sawston Fun Run Facebook Website and Sawston Facebook page to inform everyone. Entrants will also be notified via email.
• Hopefully this will not happen, but if we are forced to cancel the event, please complete the run/walk individually at a convenient time for yourself over the next week, so that you are able to still collect sponsorship money from your supporters. Medals and certificates will then be issued once we have received your sponsorship money.
If you have any further queries or concerns about the way we will be managing this event please contact me by phone or email. Tel: 07769502903 firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you on Sunday 4th October 2020 and thank you once again for taking on this unique challenge to help us raise enough money to support this year’s Sawston Fun Run beneficiaries.
Race routes - As well as the traditional route of 7.4K [4.6miles] you can choose to do a shorter route of 4K [2.5miles). Children in school years 1-6 however must be accompanied by a parent or carer. A special medal and certificate will be awarded to all people taking part in this ‘Challenge Event’. Fancy dress walkers are encouraged and welcomed to take part.
Click the map for a larger view - if you wish you can right click and save or download a copy (instructions on how to do this should be available in your browser help files)>
Roads and Safety There will be no road closure orders. Marshalls will be posted through out the course.
Bottles of Water for entrants - Bottles of still Spring Water, kindly donated by The Co-operative Sawston, will be given to all entrants - just another example of the willingness of the local business community to back the event.